Button: Hayz's BooksPhotobucketButton: ReviewsPhotobucket

Thursday, October 29, 2009

City of Ashes

City of Ashes
Cassandra Clare
2008

Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? Clary would love to spend more time with her best friend, Simon. But the Shadowhunters won't let her go--especially her handsome, infuriating newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down the rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil--and also her father. When the second of the Mortal Instruments is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor suspects Jace. Could Jace really be willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?

-Hayz's Review-
I liked this book, but, ugh, why why do Clary and Jace have to be brother and sister? And Simon! Oh my gosh, I was shocked when Jace found him alive, and that he gave him blood, he did that for Clary right? Or was it so he could help with Valentine? I bet it was because he knew how Clary felt about him. I so want to read the third book, City of Glass, but only if it says somewhere in it that Jace and Clary aren't brother and sister, because they clearly like/love each other. Every time I imagine them together I get this repulsive feeling in the back of my throat saying "Do you love your brother like that?" Um, no! Gross! Lol, I give this book 4 stars because I liked it but it ending a little to quickly after the battle/war.
-Hayz's Rating-
****

Other books by Cassandra Clare: