Button: Hayz's BooksPhotobucketButton: ReviewsPhotobucket

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Exposure

Exposure
Mal Peet
2008

Otello is South America's star soccer player and has just signed a deal to play for a team in the southern part of his country, a region with a history of racism toward black northerners like Otello. Desmerelda is a white pop star and the daughter of a right-wing politician.

Their sudden and controversial marriage propels them to center stage, where they burn under the media spotlight. But celebrity attracts enemies--some very close to home. When a young girl is found murdered, Paul Faustino, a veteran soccer reporter for La NaciĆ³n, witnesses the power of the media in making--and breaking--lives.

-Hayz's Review-
Well I finished! And to tell you the truth, the ending sucked! I mean wtf! All of a sudden it is 6 months later! Ugh, duh. Anyway, besides the ending, the rest of the book was really good. I liked it and I suggest you also read it, because it was a good read. I have to admit, that the ending was kind of funny. But Otello and Dezi? What do they breakup or what? And as for Bush, oh I'm so happy for him. And Paul, what a great guy!
I'm having a hard time deciding what to rate this book. Definately not 5 cause I didn't care for the ending, and 3 is to low. So I guess its 4 stars.
-Hayz's Rating-
****