Button: Hayz's BooksPhotobucketButton: ReviewsPhotobucket

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Living Dead Girl

Living Dead Girl
Elizabeth Scott
2008

Once upon a time, I was a little girl
who disappeared.

Once upon a time, my name was
not Alice.

Once upon a time, I didn't know
how lucky I was.

When Alice was ten Ray took her away from her family, her friends-- her life. She learned to give up all power, to endure all pain. She waited for the nightmare to be over.

Now Alice is fifteen and Ray still has her, but he speaks more and more of her death. He does not know it is what she longs for. She does not know he has something more terrifying than death in mind for her.

This is Alice's story. It is one you have never heard, and one you will never forget.

-Hayz's Review-
Wow. I have so many feelings about this book. I read the whole thing last night, and well, truth be told it was a disturbing story. Where it says "It is one you have never heard, and one you will never forget." Wow that is so true. It is a terribly sad story, and the man, Ray, oh my gosh, what a pervert. When I was reading this book I couldn't help but think of kidnapping cases like Elizabeth Smart, or Jaycee Lee Dugard, I mean I feel so bad for them, they probably went through something like this. I liked this book but I didn't. I would never reread this. But I would suggest it, just because, oh I don;t know. I just think people should read this book.
-Hayz's Rating-
***

Other books by Elizabeth Scott: