Button: Hayz's BooksPhotobucketButton: ReviewsPhotobucket

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Nothing Like You

Nothing Like You
Lauren Strasnick
2009

So here's where things started to get a little mixed up.
I suddenly had a secret. And it made me feel guilty, yeah, but I also felt really fantastic. I felt the opposite of dead, really what I've been striving for, and someone suddenly wanted me in a way I hadn't been wanted before. I didn't even mind having to keep things to myself. I mean, I thought the whole situation was really unfortunate, but I know that I was the one he wanted more. That if she weren't so fragile, so unstable, he'd be with me for real. No Saskia. No secret affair.

"You think he's yours but he's not," I thought.
"You think he's yours but really he's mine."

When Holly loses her virginity to Paul, a guy she barely knows, she assumes their encounter is a one-night stand. After all, Paul is to popular to even be speaking to Holly . . . and he happens to have a long-term girlfriend, Saskia. But ever since Holly's mom died six months ago, Holly has been numb to the world, and she's getting desperate to feel something, anything-so when Paul keeps pursuing her, Holly relents. Paul's kisses are a welcome diversion . . . and it's nice to feel like the kind of girl a guy like Paul would choose.
But things aren't so simple with Saskia around. Paul's real girlfriend is willowy and perfect . . and nothing like Holly. To make matters worse, she and Holly are becoming friends. Suddenly the consequences of Holly's choices are all too real, and Holly stands to lose more that she ever realized she had.

-Hayz's Review-
This book is given two stars because it was okay. I thought the ending was plain, ya know nothing exciting happened, it just ended. And how everyone hated Holly but not Paul for what they did, it was low! But hey, isn't that how life is. I liked this book because no matter the situation people are going to react in almost the same way. Holly whore, but what about Paul, he did have sex with her, and he still wasn't hated, not like she was. I also liked it because it showed me about relationships, it made me think of my relationships with people I know.
-Hayz's Rating-
**