Button: Hayz's BooksPhotobucketButton: ReviewsPhotobucket

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Hollow

The Hollow
Jessica Verday
2009

I reached out and touched the casket lid. It was cold. So could that I immediately snatched my hand away. It almost felt like it had burned me.
I just stood there. I couldn't bring myself to say anything . . . not out loud, at least. But a thousand thoughts raged inside my head, while a thousand feelings raged inside my heart.
The weather mimicked my emotions. A fierce wind rattled by, howling in outrage. The edges of the plastic awning flapped angrily against the aluminum poles holding it up and made a horrible ringing sound. Even the rain pounded harder, lashing out its bitterness.
And that was when I felt someone watching me.


-Hayz's Review-
This book was really really good, until the end. I'm not quite sure what it is but lately I have been choosing books with really terrible endings. I thought this book was really good until the ending. To me it seemed that Jessica Verday ran out of ideas, and just ended the book. So yes I would highly suggest you read this book, if you like bad endings, and unknown answers. If you don't like those things then please save yourself the time and don't read this book.
-Hayz's Rating-
**