Button: Hayz's BooksPhotobucketButton: ReviewsPhotobucket

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Perfect Chemistry

Perfect Chemistry
Simone Elkeles
2009

When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more. In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.

Miss Ellis?" Mrs. Peterson says. "It's your turn. Introduce Alex to the class."
"This is Alejandro Fuentes. When he wasn't hanging out on street corners and harassing innocent people this summer, he toured the inside of jails around the city, if you know what I mean. His secret desire is to go to college and become a chemistry teacher, like you, Mrs. Peterson."
Brittany flashes me a triumphant smile, thinking she's won this round. Guess again, gringa.
"This is Brittany Ellis," I say, all eyes now focused on me. "This sumer she want to the mall, bought new clothes so she could expand her wardrobe, and spent her daddy's money on plastic surgery t enhance her, ahem, assests. Her secret desire is to date a Mexicano before she graduates."
Game on . . .

-Hayz's Review-
OMG! This is the best book ever! It was so cute! And just thinking how I don't own it and how I can't pick it up and read it any day, makes me sad! Without a doubt this is the best book, Alex and Brittany are so cute! OMG! I have nothing bad to say about this book. You have probably heard of it, and that most people liked it, well they are right, it was amazing, you will mostly likely like it if you like cute romantic books.

Okay, here I am reading this for the second time. And I was thinking "How did I read this book so fast the first time?" Because I finished it in like 2 days, and so last night I finally put my book down, so I wouldn't be a zombie at work, but first I looked at what page I was on, and I'll be amazed I am half way through it. Now that just tells you how good this book is. Btw if you haven't figured out that this is one of the best romance books then you a um. . . completely hopeless. Lol.

Three times a charm? Lol! I just finished this book for a third time, and to tell you the truth, it just doesn't get old. I love it! Seriously, I just can't get enough of Alex I love him, and Brittany, damn I am so jealous of her!

-Hayz's Rating-
*****

Other books by Simone Elkeles: